Image processing is one of the most crucial and challenging sensor technologies of the future. Until recently, integrating vision sensors into practical applications was difficult and extremely expensive. Today, vision sensors can be implemented in a wide variety of industries and applications, offering cost advantages over standard solutions in difficult sensing environments.
The available devices and systems range from barcode imagers to vision sensors and system solutions that are adapted to the application requirements. The complexity of the solution and the cost of integration vary with each use. Each technology has advantages that are best suited for the application at hand.
As one of the few suppliers of industrial vision systems, we can accommodate a wide variety of image processing requirements for machine builders as well as for unique system solutions in plant engineering. We offer integrated vision sensor solutions that range from freely programmable devices to user-specific, custom-designed devices.For individual systems with demanding requirements, we provide customer-specific system solutions through our subsidiary, VMT GmbH. Our partnership with VMT enables Pepperl+Fuchs to offer the whole range of industrial image processing from vision sensors via smart cameras to a complete system.
With more than 15 years of experience in the field of image processing, the image processing specialists at VMT work together with our customers on their application requirements to provide turnkey solutions for the field of robot vision, 2-D and 3-D robot guidance, path correction, and machine vision. Other vision sensor principles, such as the multi-camera system for error proofing assembled parts, are also impressively proving their efficiency.
The responsible competence center is VMT Bildverarbeitungssysteme GmbH – a company belonging to the Pepperl+Fuchs group. The highly qualified team of experts has 20 years of experience in industrial image processing.
- Automotive industry and automotive suppliers
- Suppliers of automation systems, robot manufacturers, computer service companies
- Machine engineering, handling equipment suppliers
- Pharmaceutical industry, medical technology, food industry
- Electrical and electronics industries
- Press shops
- Industrial image processing and laser sensor systems for integration into existing and new production systems
- 2D and 3D visual robot guidance
- Robot position control
- Robot path correction
- Geometric inspection
- Check to ensure complete and correct assembly, type recognition
- Clear text and barcode reading
- Verifiable systems for the pharmaceutical industry; compliant with 21 CFR Part 11 (FDA Standard)
- Adhesive application inspection
- Link to System Solutions from VMT Bildverarbeitungssysteme GmbH
Experienced engineers, technicians, and installers will place your vision system in operation and provide training for you, your staff, and your clients. Detailed studies, field trials, plant support and remote maintenance are carried out professionally and conscientiously – ensuring a solid basis for your financial investment decision.