Batley Valve® BV 30000 – Varidiff Vane
Varidiff trim incorporates two hemi-spherical control elements on opposite sides of the vane to reduce the pressure recovery particularly at low openings: a value of 0.9 is achieved compared with 0.7 for a standard vane. Further efficacy is achieved by adding an integral baffle. For higher openings the pressure drop is broken down across the vane and the baffle plate which results in a reduction in pressure recovery. The flow characteristic is equal percentage with a turn down in excess of 100:1. Due to the low dynamic torque a stable mode of operation is maintained 5 and 80 degrees opening.
- Reduces problems in potentially cavitating services
- Extensive range of body & trim options
- Back pressure control on overboard dump lines in the offshore industry
- Other applications include firewater ring system control valve, brine blowdown control, jetty loading valves, sea-water drain and re-circulation, cooling water circulation, and distulate to culvert valves
- In addition to the above liquid service applications it has also found use on steam vent headers, and gas pipelines, for low noise requirements
- Low noise (Power)
- Low noise (Industrial)
- Oil and gas production
API 609, BS 5155, MSS SP68, API 598, BS 6755, FCI 70.2, ANSI B16.34, ISO 5752, DIN 3202
100mm to 1200mm (4″ to 48″)
|Pressure class/-power rating||N/A|
30°C up to 220°C (86°F to 428°F)
|Capacity||Up to 26000|
All castable materials: Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Duplex, Super Duplex, Hastalloy, Inconel, Monel, Titanium, etc.
Trim Materials: Austenitic SS,17-4 PH, Duplex/Super Duplex SS, Various hard surfaces to seat & seal ring available (stellite, tungsten carbide).
Material Reinforced Aluminium/Bronze